Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Why I havent been HERE

Reasons why I haven't been blogging lately. This run started at Thanksgiving and so far is in full swing.

1. I've been out living my life and I forget to write about it.

2. I've been spending tons of free time with all the folks I love - enjoying the fellowship of family and friends (tis' the season people...) and eating tons of good food.

3. Speaking of Tons, I'm tired of what I see on the scale so going to the gym every day has also become (yet again) a part of the daily routine. This part is hard, but I really do pray about it and everytime I ask for the Spirit to help me get through my prayer is answered and I WORK the workout. ;-)

4. Got invited to see "THE KATRINA PROJECT: HELL AND HIGH WATER" at the Lincoln Theatre ....a quick thought cannot describe how moved i was by this presentation. See following note.


Award-winning ‘Katrina Project’ arrives in Washington
Special to the American

Hattiesburg High School students will travel to Washington, D.C., to present a performance of “The Katrina Project: Hell and High Water,” an emotional journey into the hearts and souls of Hurricane Katrina’s survivors.

The one-night performance, sponsored in part by the National Education Association Foundation, is a fundraiser that will benefit arts and music education programs in Mississippi public schools affected by the 2005 storm.

Student involved with “The Katrina Project: Hell and High Water” toured New Orleans’ Ninth Ward before traveling to Washington.

“The Katrina Project” was written by two Mississippians, National Education Association Executive Committee member Michael Marks, a high school dramatic arts and debate teacher, and Mackenzie Westmoreland, “The Katrina Project: Hell and High Water” is based on actual interviews, collected stories and found texts, all of which provide a voice for the survivors of the greatest natural disaster in America’s recorded history.

The play follows a diverse group of characters as they experience and reflect on the devastation, heartbreak, anger, and – ultimately – hope of the thousands of individuals affected by the Category 5 storm.

The show will be performed at 8 p.m. today at The Lincoln Theatre, followed by a reception


5. Had to pay respects at the Corporate Holiday Party. (anyone feel me on this?)

6. Totally and Thoroughly enjoyed my departmental corporate holiday outing today! Closed corporate IT - did lunch at some italian joint in columbia - then rocked out at shadowland for lasertag. It's totally a game that you can suck at and still have a great time and lots of laugh. Great way to spend time with the co-workers in a totally new and fun way.

7. Planning to attend a diversity breakfast on Friday morning.

Thats all in addition to the regular stuff that I HAVE to do every day. Reason enough not to be sittin around blogging? I do think so.

Will be back with the whirlwind settles just a bit.

Wishing everyone peace on earth and good will to men. ;-)

Seasons Greetings!

No comments: